Illinois Small Business Development Centers
Located throughout the state, Illinois SBDC provide information, confidential business guidance, training and other resources to early stage and existing small businesses.
SBDCs in the Chicago area:
- North Business & Industrial Council (NORBIC), 8430 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60631; http://www.norbic.org/
NORBIC is a nonprofit economic development organization that offers free and low-cost business assistance programs to help manufacturers develop strategies to enter new markets, reduce costs, access financing, improve their business management, train employees and build a stronger business network.
- Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago, 2010 West Fulton, Suite 280, Chicago, Illinois 60612; http://www.industrialcouncil.com/
The ICNC offers a variety of low-cost and no-cost services to strengthen companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor and to facilitate economic and community development.
- Duman Microenterprise Center, 216 West Jackson Blvd, Suite 700, Chicago, Illinois 60606-6921; http://www.jvschicago.org/duman/
Duman Microenterprise Center provides one-on-one counseling at no charge for start-ups and pre-existing small businesses in the Chicago metropolitan area. The Center offers entrepreneurial training, business assistance, mentoring and access to capital.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Business Administration-Rice Building, 815 West Van Buren, Suite 320, Chicago, Illinois 60607; http://www.uic.edu/cba/cub/
The Small Business Development Center at UIC offers workshops, panel discussions and individual consulting services to existing small businesses or those individuals interested in starting a business.
- Women Business Development Center, 8 South Michigan, Suite 400, Chicago, Illinois 60603-3302; http://www.wbdc.org/
The Women’s Business Development Center offers training, events, workshops and counseling to small businesses, including Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) certification for women-owned businesses.
- Hull House, Jane Addams Hull House “ Parkway Community House, 500 East 67th St. Chicago, Illinois 60637-4097; http://www.hullhouse.org/
The Small Business Development Center at Hull House offers individual counseling, small business training, and workshops on marketing, finance, legal structures, insurance, leasing space, sales taxes and record keeping. A funded partner of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, it operates in communities of need on the south and north sides of Chicago, helping to revitalize local neighborhood economies and improve the overall quality of life.
- Hispanic Entrepreneurship Center, Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 111 West Washington St., Suite 1660, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2703; http://www.ihccbusiness.net/ec.html
A program of the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Illinois Hispanic Entrepreneurship Center offers business development and capacity-building assistance, access to capital, and networking. Its matching grant program offers up to $5,000 in funds to qualifying businesses.
- Chicago Urban League Entrepreneurship Center, 4510 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60653; www.thechicagourbanleague.org
The Chicago Urban League’s Entrepreneurship Center offers information sessions, training and business support clinics, coaching on business documents, technical assistance, procurement and business development assistance, and financial assistance.
Illinois SBDCs Located Outside of Chicago: